Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Not Getting Stuff Done

Today was my first day back at work after two days off. Normally, it would be heaven, but I have been so stressed trying to figure out what to do, what I need to move and getting motivated. So, today, the plan was, get out of work early and go over to my old apartment and just pack my books in the boxes. What a clusterfuck. My friend picked me up a half hour after I thought he was going to. Then we went to the mall to pick up boxes from a friend, and to the post office at the mall to change my address. (I ran into someone I grew up next to...she was my grandparents' neighbor, and I used to spend a ton of time at her house...cool!) Then, my friend decided we were going to get the storage unit for my closet I wanted. At least we only went to 2 stores. By this time, it was too late, and it has been really humid out, and I no longer had any sort of motivation. So we swung by the apartment but all I grabbed were clothes to wash. I started my wash at my friends' house, and then it was past 9 30 and I wanted to go home. I have good friends, because he is finishing my laundry.

When I got home I started putting my storage unit together. I am waiting to finish in daylight. Don't ask me why, I just want to.

Tomorrow is a huge day. I am getting up at 9am, going to my old apartment with the person I am probably going to move in with in October, and meeting another friend there. A couple hours of boxes being packed and moved, and then to the new apartment to shower for work. Then I am bringing a friend to where I work to apply. I am hoping to get out early again and do more, but we will see how I feel. I am close to just walking away, but there is something in me that won't let me.

I figure I have until August 3rd, because that is the date of the hearing for my eviction. Less than a week, but that's okay. After that day, I will have either 3 days or 30. I am hoping 30 because then it will at least not look like a dumpster threw up. It's bad. I am never allowed to live alone again. Really. Not joking. Two people have told me this, and I tend to agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment