Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Reconnecting, baseball, and procrastinating

I reconnected with someone I dated briefly today. Even then I knew we made better friends than anything else, and I was trying to let her down gently when she got back together with her ex. She was happy, I was happy, and I felt like it all worked out. Well, except for the fact that they were one of those lesbian couples who never went out once they were in a relationship. She and the ex/new/ex broke up and things have changed drastically in her life. It was good to hang out with her. No spark, but I like her. We discussed moving into a two bedroom apartment in October. I cannot live alone, and she doesn't want to. We shall see.

Anyway, we stopped briefly at my old apartment, but all I got was toothpaste, a fan, and my mail. Then we stopped at the Rainbow Ranch to get some stuff I left there, since I was mostly living there. It was chaos, so we didn't stay long. Then we hung out until it was time for me to meet my other friends for the baseball game.

The game was fun. I liked it. The Syracuse Chiefs lost, but it was still fun. My take on sports is this: with one exception, unless I am going to see it in person, I have no interest. If it's baseball, I want to be overheated, eat a hot dog, and then get eaten by bugs. If it's football, I want to freeze. If it's basketball, I want to hear the echo of the sneakers on the floor, hear the grunts, and smell the sweat. I get bored watching on TV. With, like I said, once exception. Roller derby. I will watch roller derby anytime, anywhere. TV, computer, in person, whenever and wherever. I love it. My point is, I had fun at the baseball game tonight.

Tomorrow is back to work, and I can't keep procrastinating on the moving and cleaning. There are things I need to get out. I am scheduled to start tomorrow at 2pm, and I am going to work until 6 30 or 7 and then use my newly acquired PTO. I will go to the apartment, put books in boxes, and possibly take out more trash. I haven't even gotten past the living room yet. It's bad. The temptation to walk away is very great, but I can't.

So, it's off to bed for me. I am exhausted. Had a big couple days, and I am looking at several more.

No comments:

Post a Comment